If you’ve been having a spring clean during lockdown and have discovered items you no longer need or use, we are looking to buy all sorts of interesting antique and vintage items including:
- Gold and silver jewellery.
- Antique and modern silver e.g Tableware, vesta cases, desk items, photograph frames, novelties and cutlery.
- Vintage and antique ladies and men’s jewellery including, brooches, necklaces, rings, bracelets and cufflinks.
- Ladies accessories e.g. hat pins, compacts, mirrors & dressing table bottles.
- Sewing related items e.g. thimbles, needlecases and pin cushions.
- Desk items e.g. letter openers, pens, pencils and inkwells.
All you need to do is give us a ring on 01394 387210, let us know what you have and if they are items we are looking for, we will arrange an appointment for you to safely bring them in. We will ask you to drop off your pieces with us and leave them with us for a short while so assess them. If we go on to purchase them we will need a photo ID such as a passport or driving licence. We are not able to do home visits at this time.
Hidden gems are not always in the attic, they can be in plain sight all over the house. Do you have a desk with old pens, pencil sharpeners, coins or medals in it? Maybe your sewing box is home to old thimbles, needlecases and pin cushions. Is your dressing table home to fine and costume jewellery you no longer wear? It’s not only diamonds and precious metals that we are interested in, with the rise of the vintage movement, the sparkly jewels your grandmother might have worn, are in vogue again, and can be treasured by a new owner.
There are collectors of all types of objects from corkscrews and decanter labels to bookmarks and inkwells so we are happy to look at a variety of pieces as long as they are old and in good condition. Not everything that is old is necessarily worth a fortune but even everyday items like kitchen equipment or pens can find new homes. Please call us to discuss your pieces.